Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Workday

Fourteen weeks and two days.  It seemed more like 1.9 Dog Years, but finally on Sunday I was back on my knees digging in the dirt. 
Before
After
Mother Nature provided a  lovely 60-degree day and enough thawed soil that weeding and deadheading were easy and productive.  Thanks, Mom!

It was only a small start, but felt right.  My back gave out while my shoulder was still going strong.

Now  like a baby bird, I have been kicked out of the nest by my PT and see the Doc for the final checkup tomorrow.  No more excuses for not posting and not digging - well, at least no more physical ones.   
Snow is predicted for tomorrow.
Mom also provided a couple of little bits of encouragement for the months to come.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being released from medical care! It must feel great to be back doing the things you love to do. I am very happy for you.

    I cannot believe seeing signs of spring in your garden, and blooming hellebore and camellia. I am jealous. Still cold here, but warming up from 12 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear your back getting to do what you love and great timing with that lovely warm day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you're feeling better. My hellebores are weeks away. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to hear you are back with your hands in the soil, I understand how much that must mean to you. xx

    ReplyDelete