Everyone could use a little grass ....
The most fun projects are those that just kind of pop up unexpectedly and then work out easily, and that is the story of the new grass. Many years ago we had lovely clumps of grass, but as the garden grew and I dug new beds the grasses got replaced and we moved on.
But, now the hibiscus have moved on, and I had a nice empty spot to fill - and at the back of the main planting bed where I could use something tall and something to provide winter interest. It was clearly the place for grass.
Over the weekend I checked out what was readily available and cleared the space. Voila! an easy project for this week.
Sometimes I think that my favorite part of a new planting is laying out the pots and moving them around until I am happy with the arrangement. This one was simple, but I moved the rose planter a bit and relocated the big sprinkler, too. The only unexpected problem was the need to relocate about 15 iris, but that didn't take too long.
A few holes and I was ready to water it in. Mother Nature did her part and sent me a rainy day to get it all soaked.
We're still at more than six inches of rain deficit, so I'll need to keep up the watering for a month or more until things start going dormant.