Monday, December 5, 2011

My 12 Days of Christmas

There are so many things that I love about this crazy last month of the year.  Instead of babbling mindlessly for the next couple of weeks, I'll share the things that are special to me instead.

Day 1 - The Wreath
 
Growing up we always had a live wreath.  Mother and I would go to the market downtown to pick just the right one.  They all looked alike to me, but she always had a preference.  Years ago I switched to an artificial wreath [partly so that I can leave it up and enjoy it longer], it has changed over the years.


The latest version is a bit over-sized since it's on a large wall.  The ornaments were a gift from my sister-in-law a few years ago.  Somehow, it feels just right to me, and the perfect way to kick off the season.
Would you like to share your special things of the season?

6 comments:

  1. My favorite thing is the lights warming up the bleak winter nights. I especially like colored lights. Also, all the greens--wreaths, trees, anything with evergreens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would and I will. Starting with my wreath if I ever get my post written.

    Happy December!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wreath! - It is hard for me to choose just one favorite thing...I will say lights but also the Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is Sinterklaas, a holiday from my Dutch childhood. I can't think of Christmas until tomorrow :). Sinterklaas is about special sweets, and fun gifts; I will do my best to temper my sweet tooth tonight.

    Tomorrow, lights on house that welcome us and our guests in an otherwise dark landscape. I love that coziness of coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you all have managed to think of several great things - some I missed in my list, but you will have to wait to find out what they are.

    Happy Sinterklaas to Anneke. Sounds like my kind of celebration - I can make almost any sweet into a special occasion, but I bet she's got something very special up her sleeve! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I generally haven't given much thought to wreaths because it's a miracle if the tree even goes up. But now that they are SO MANY adorable wreaths being pinned on Pinterest, I'm re-inspired. I bet your house smelled like a million bucks with a fresh wreath every year. Yum.

    ReplyDelete