Sunday, January 17, 2016

The First Snow ....



... of the season is always magical - whether it's paralyzingly deep, or just a dusting like we are getting today.  Either way, it pulls me repeatedly to the windows to just watch. 
Surprise!

This one sneaked in this morning while I was working at the desk.  I didn't see it begin, but just looked up and voila! there was snow in the air and snow on the ground. 
I love the red nandinas with the green hollies both dusted in snow.
Only the grass was covered early and not much on the mulched bed.

It's still coming down in big puffy flakes and only covering the grassy areas, so the road will stay clear and easy to drive.  What could be more perfect?

Same spot three hours later.
Hope your Sunday has been peaceful, too. 







1 comment:

  1. I love snow: the way it makes everything look different and the silence it makes. Enjoy it, now that you have the time :-). Hope it stays beautiful for awhile.

    ReplyDelete