Thursday, May 19, 2011

Be Bop a Re Bop

Rhubarb Crisp!

We got rhubarb in our fruit share this week - along with lots and lots of strawberries - so I decided to give it a try. Rhubarb is one of those things - is it a fruit or a vegetable? - that I have never eaten so I threw together a "crisp". It smelled delicious, and tasted yummy. Good enough to do it again sometime.

After an entire week without my computer I feel totally cut off from the world. So much to read, so many comments I wanted to make, but mainly to let you know I am alive and have been missing you.

Congratulations to GG on her graduation!! Know the party was wonderful. Glad your dad is in town with you and Jane. Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering over that crisp. I love that sweet/tart combination.

    I was starting to worry about you; glad to see you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back..we call it Rhubarb crumble but I must say yours looks tastier x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anneke. The last couple of days I hadn't even had a chance to read any posts - much less think of something to write. Am so glad to hear how well things are going with you in the hot west.

    Deborah, I think "crumble" is closer to the truth, but it was excellent - eat-it-out-of-the-pan excellent!

    ReplyDelete